Frequently Asked Questions
|What is required to verify lawful presence?|
|The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia now requires all applicants to USG institutions to provide proof of Lawful Presence in the United States in order to be classified as In-State for tuition purposes. This change is effective immediately for all applicants for Fall Semester 2011, and subsequent semesters.|
You MUST prove lawful presence in the United States in ONE of the following ways before you can be admitted as an In-State student:
- Your completed FAFSA for the 2011-2012 financial aid year. Lawful presence can be determined through this process. The Georgia Perimeter College school code for the FAFSA is 001562. You can submit the FAFSA online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Your certified U.S. Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the U.S. or U.S. territory. A photocopy is not acceptable unless the original has been reviewed by staff.
- Your U.S. Certificate of Naturalization - USCIS form N550 or N570.
-Your U.S. Certificate of Citizenship USCIS form N560 or N561.
- Your U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State - DS1350 or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad - FS240.
- Your current U.S. Passport.
- Your current Driver License issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
- Your current ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
You can submit the FAFSA online at FASFA or submit any one of the other documents listed above to a campus Enrollment and Registration Services office.
Failure to comply will delay your admission to the college and registration for classes.
Applicants who will not be submitting documentation of lawful presence must submit an Opt-Out Form